What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batt already not so hot.

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had my iPad for a couple months now and use it every day big time.

I have noticed that the amazing battery life is now not so amazing. Where did the 10 hours go? I'm lucky to get 2 hours doing any app or function.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Do a hard reboot by holding the Home and Sleep buttons down until you see the Apple in the middle of the screen.
Turn off Location Sharing.
Don't have your screen at max brightness.
Don't have all the radios on if they are not being used.

I am coming up on a year with mine and the battery is still running strong and I am getting every bit of 10 hours out of it. If it really getting noticeable and you have done the above, the iPad is still under warranty. Take it to an Apple Store and talk with them about options.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here - my iPad is nearly 8 months old and, if anything, the battery life seems better. If the battery life is really as bad as that, it's time perhaps for a visit to the Apple Store and get a replacement while it's still under warranty.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
10 hours easily on my iPad 1 and 2. If my battery life suddenly dropped to two hours, I wouldn't waste time on a forum. As the other posters said, there's a warranty. Plus you get 90 days of free tech support with an iPad.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As others have said, screen brightness at 100% is a battery killer, but even then I get more then 2 hours of battery usage. Shoot screen full brightness, Wifi on and receiving data, and using the GPS and I still get over 4 hours of use.

Take it back and have it checked out.

Most reactions