What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bags and Slings ????

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok well I want to get two styles of carry bags.

1. First is a sling style bag to carry only the ipad, usb cable couple accessories connections etc.
This is somthing I woudl carry When out and about for work, mostly.

2. 2nd bag woudl be to carry my laptop and ipad and chargers for both plus few extra cables that i need to carry,
laptop is a 15 inch very slimline light weight notebook.
somthing that will hold them nicely with out crushing anything, but with out bag being like a suitcase.

Would love to see what other people are using out there and ideas.

Thanks

tim

Coders68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Knomo Sterling bag for my iPad. It's big enough for cables, even a book etc as well. It looks great and is amazing quality. You can get them from the Apple Store or directly from the Knomo website.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NVRENUF said:
ok well I want to get two styles of carry bags.

Incase makes a very nice slim sling pack, although the one I saw in the Apple Store was in silver and the material of that colour looked a bit too bling for me. I think their dark-colored ones would look just fine, and this is sized to fit up to 15" laptops. It was also crazy expensive in the Apple Store; no doubt you could find a better price for it online. cf. Link

41fr73uKZaL._SY445_.jpg

Belkin also make a sling pack which is cheaper and has received lots of positive reviews, although I haven't seen one personally. Some of the comments have pointed to lack of durability, but not surprising at this price. Worth a look if price is a factor -- Link

On a personal note, I acquired myself a sling pack a few months ago, although I was looking for a hiking/camping bag and not an iPad accessory. I went with a Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger, which is made by a vendor of hunting supplies and thus very heavy-duty and rugged. I believe this bag was popularized when Jack Bauer was seen rocking one in "24" in black -- Link

B001TIFIZ4.01-A2Q0ARZLO9COOL._SX350_SCLZZZZZZZ_V194325601_.jpg

As for the other kind of bag, there are two I use which are quite different, depending on the needs of the day. The first is a moulded neoprene backpack from Built NY, which is really sleek and ideal for busy commutes -- Link. I received this as a gift, and it holds a lot more than it appears, although the external shape can be deformed by bulky or odd-shaped items. On the other hand, this is the kind of bag you can hide under a jacket or overcoat.

41F4p7mTJ1L._AA300_.jpg

The other bag is a messenger bag from Timbuk2. I think there are any number of vendors which make messenger bags, but personally I just like Timbuk2's styling as well as their reputation for durability. I use this one whenever I need to carry a lot of stuff (this, or the Maxpedition). Their messengers also come in a variety of sizes and models, but the one I have is the Claasic Messenger in Small, which fits my Toshiba 15" -- Link

B004MMEK4O.01._SX360_SCLZZZZZZZ_V168935474_.jpg

At the end of the day, I suppose it is a question of your personal style and what kind of look you like to rock with your bags and accessories.

Last edited:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the sling style bag, check out the Cocoon iPad sling. I have one and find it's perfect for work and shopping.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Messenger-Sling-Gramercy/dp/B004QID0OA]Amazon.com: Apple iPad Messenger Sling - Gramercy Red by Cocoon: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

The "grid-it" is covered with various lengths of elastic to hold the cables, earphones, etc. The front pocket is perfect for a stylus. There's also a full pocket on the back.

If you're near an Office Max, check there first as they were on sale pretty cheap ($10).

OP
NVRENUF

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the sling style bag, check out the Cocoon iPad sling. I have one and find it's perfect for work and shopping.

Amazon.com: Apple iPad Messenger Sling - Gramercy Red by Cocoon: Kitchen & Dining

The "grid-it" is covered with various lengths of elastic to hold the cables, earphones, etc. The front pocket is perfect for a stylus. There's also a full pocket on the back.

If you're near an Office Max, check there first as they were on sale pretty cheap ($10).

yeah awesome I saw that one on the website, which i thought was good,

looked at crumpler also but their bags are expencive.

So just seeing what else is out there before i make a choice.

hard thing is I kinda of want one now, but I know i shoudl wait till i go away as they will be ten times cheaper haha

that cocoon one, is the style i like for slim slim professional looking one,
I guess the purpose of the sling style one for me is purely just to take ipad out of my hands, but with out having to lug around a big bag.
makes it more apealing to carry it everywhere.

http://www.cocooninnovations.com/cat_info.php?cat_id=65

OP
NVRENUF

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the timbuck also though its more expencive.

It's amazing how hard it is to find the "right" back

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a tote from timbuck2.com. If you something you like it may be cheaper on amazon or on sale.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at Target and saw a Belkin 10.2" netbook case, with handle and strap for $19. I wanted something to carry my iPad and wireless keyboard. This is perfect with a felt separator in the middle, and fits both nicely. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My man purse, or as I prefer to call it "action pouch" is similar the TimBuc2, but more stylish. I really like that form factor, and would like simething in leather - but so far they just haven't been affordable.

trabasack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.trabasack.com
I think that the best bag is a trabasack Mini. It is used as a as well as a bag for working, eating or drinking on. The amazing thing is you can use it as a tray as well because it has a beanbag base and a hard flat ray surface. Fits an iPad perfectly.

Most reactions

Latest posts