What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Habit?

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is this one, lately at night when l'm finished with my IPad
I have been switching it off.
Long press on the off switch and slide to off.
Next time l need it, up pops the Apple logo and the card is locked.
Am l getting into a bad habit because it would be just a easy to do a black screen reset ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Resetting/force starting/rebooting should only be used as a last resort, only if your device is not responding.

jesskoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switching off your iPad should not be too big a problem. Don't see that as a bad habit lol

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think because l had lots on my mind l forgot to mention that one reason l'm doing this is before switching off l have been using a VPN.
Some mornings it's still connected and l do not wish to be so.
Sorry for be being a d.........

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sure don't see how turning off the iPad would cause a problem. Our IT department reminds all of us field technician types to actually turn off our company iPhones regularly.

Generally, with the iPhone and iPad I just press the power button once and put them both into sleep or standby most of the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts