What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes login message

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Opened my iPad Air 2 and got this on screen
IMG_1453.JPG

Pressed cancel and it was gone. Switched off and on several times and it kept coming back. This time l pressed continue and this screen appeared
IMG_1454.JPG

Did a home button/off button reset makes no difference.
Anyone else have this or an answer to it. I have never seen it before.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, enter your login information and visit the App & iTunes stores to make sure that you have no suspended downloads and media disruptions or pauses - let us know if you found anything? Dave :)

P.S. do you have the Touch ID setup on the Air 2? I have the same iPad and love the fingerprint identification - just curious.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As you know, you can't log in to iTunes via the Air 2 but l opened that page, not on my PC and the notification has gone. I do have Touch ID setup on my machine.
This notice by the way, did not show up on the i7.
I know already that nothing is outstanding in iTunes Store the music in there is too new for me. My Apps are all up to date.
Forget that bit about signing into Apple l have just found the way to do it. And all is in order, my credit etc €€€€

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Settings > iTunes & App Store.

If you are logged in your will see your Apple ID at the top of the settings page. If not, it should say something like Sign In (I forget exactly it says).

The iPad may ask you to log into iTunes for various reasons, like pending downloads, to check updates, do backups, whatever. It dends on what services you have active and enabled for background updates. Even icloud mail can occationally decide you need to re-authenticate.

Basicaly, for some reason the Apple servers have decided your device needs to re-autneticate; either for security reasons or because some secure token got lost. As long as it is not happening constantly there is little reason for concern. Enter your password and move on.

TapaTalk has an in-app VIP subscription you can purchase. I'm guessing they are checking the Apple Store to see if you've purchased it, so they can unlock whatever features the subscrition enables.

This is actually the first time I noticed the VIP subscription. No idea what it offeres. I'll have to check it out.

After a little diggin: Strange, while the App Store page mentions the VIP add-free subscription and how to find it in the app, I can't actually find it in the app.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're already a VIP, maybe that's why you can't find it.

The app's description also shows:
If you purchased the Tapatalk app when we were a paid app, you are eligible for VIP status (and no need to purchase a subscription).

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're already a VIP, maybe that's why you can't find it.

The app's description also shows:
If you purchased the Tapatalk app when we were a paid app, you are eligible for VIP status (and no need to purchase a subscription).

That would explain it. I forgot about that.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That could explain it, l purchased a one month subscription.
That l have now cancelled it will end at the end of February.
This has all been confirmed by Tapatalk.
Thanks for reminding me.

Most reactions

Latest posts