What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backing up photos/videos, am I doing it right?

cassiopeia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 256Gb iPad Pro is almost full so I want to transfer all of the photos/videos from my Ipad to my PC, which is taking about 156Gb of space, and then delete all photos/videos from my Ipad. The way I'm doing it is by connecting the iPad to my PC with a USB C cable and copy/pasting the entire DCIM folder to my Windows desktop using Windows Explorer. Once this is done, can I safely delete all these files from my Ipad? If so, should I delete them by selecting them in the PhotoAlbum App/delete or can I use Windows Explorer to delete all DCIM subfolders? Thanks
On a separate note, Windows Explorer is showing that it'll take about 4.5 hours for the DCIM folder to transfer....any way to speed this up? Or is this normal?

Most reactions

Latest posts