What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Azul Player + Atomic Web = Awesomeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Writing from iCab Mobile now. This browser can handle rich text forms as opposed to Atomic Web v.5.7.0. I have changed my user settings in this forum and put it back to WYSIWYG. iCab Mobile and Opera Mini ok with this.
iCab has the best navigation experience because of the tabs and the possibility to move between tabs by sliding the pages to the left or right. Quite smart! Opera Mini and Atomic Web don't have this.
What I really like about Opera Mini is the functionality to add new search engines to the search box by going to a given search website (e.g. Bing.com, Ask.com, etc), tapping and holding on the website search box and selecting the corresponding option on the Opera Mini's popup menu.
I will try Puffin soon, but now I have a "browseritis", a type of inflamation caused by an excesive use of browsers, so I need to rest ;)
Thanks for the tips, guys. You rock!

drewthepass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Killman said:
Plenty of downloading goodness. It is a bit tricky at first, but once you get manual downloads down, you get almost any video file. I know some tricks to get YouTube videos on there as well, and even plenty of free movies from Stavevu.com, mainly because Azul can handle pretty much every file type, that's the advantage to me, the downloader. I am pretty sure that Safari does not have a downloader. :) Glad I could help.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Just picked up Azul and Atomic browser after reading a few of the posts, this one in particular. I'm having difficulty figuring out how to do manual downloads. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I love both apps and know that they have the capability to do what I want but I need help in the smarts department to use them to their full potential. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can type replies in vBulletin with the Atomic browser with no problem
Make sure Atomic is not set "identify browser as..." Explorer X (6, 7, 8, etc). should be iPad Safari
When I do that I can no longer respond in vBulletin threads

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
drewthepass said:
Just picked up Azul and Atomic browser after reading a few of the posts, this one in particular. I'm having difficulty figuring out how to do manual downloads. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I love both apps and know that they have the capability to do what I want but I need help in the smarts department to use them to their full potential. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

On Azul---just navigate to their website (I think it is available from the app, maybe the home button?) and they have you typing in something like Post moderated due to discussion of piracy This gets you to a download site.

What is a bit strange to me is that this app is certified by Apple, yet it seems to me that this might be a pirate site. I just followed the instructions and, jus for the heck of it, typed in Dune---and sure enough downloaded it. But I strongly suspect that thisn't legitimate. So be aware that there might be issues---.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As members have now taken this thread down the route of piracy, which is against forum rules, this thread is now closed.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions