What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto rotate on I-pad 3

manxmoviesound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My i-pad has suddenly stop rotating from portrait to landscape on the calculator app.
This is the only app that is affected. Everything else is operating correctly. Any ideas please?
MD.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My i-pad has suddenly stop rotating from portrait to landscape on the calculator app.
This is the only app that is affected. Everything else is operating correctly. Any ideas please?
MD.
Have you tried force closing the app? To do so, double tap the home button and swipe up on the thumbnail picture above the app icon in the multi tasking bar. If that doesn't wirk, try restarting your iPad. Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple loco appears, then release both buttons. When the iPad restarts, see if the problem persists. If that doesn't work, come back and we'll try something else.

OP
M

manxmoviesound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I double tap the home button all that happens is the screen changes from one large screen to a number of smaller ones. I have tried the restart but no success.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I double tap the home button all that happens is the screen changes from one large screen to a number of smaller ones. I have tried the restart but no success.
That's the multitasking screen. Find the calculator icon on this page and swipe up with one finger on the small screen image above the calculator app icon. See if that makes a difference.

OP
M

manxmoviesound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the multitasking screen. Find the calculator icon on this page and swipe up with one finger on the small screen image above the calculator app icon. See if that makes a difference.
Tried this but all that happens is I get a line of text saying no messages. It's a real mystery.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried this but all that happens is I get a line of text saying no messages. It's a real mystery.
Can you get a screenshot of this and post it here? I've never encountered what you describe. The screenshot may help solve your problem.

OP
M

manxmoviesound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you get a screenshot of this and post it here? I've never encountered what you describe. The screenshot may help solve your problem.
I can photograph the screen but not sur
Here is a photo of the i-pad sat in landscape with the calc app in portrait.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 239

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be that this calculator app is one of those apps that only operates in portrait mode? I've found this most often when iPhone apps are used on the iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on your screenshot I found the calculator app in the App Store and tried it out myself. It auto rotated without any problems. I don't know why it won't auto rotate on your iPad. Here are some screenshots.
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
M

manxmoviesound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The auto rotation suddenly stopped so maybe it would be worth deleting it and download it again?

Most reactions

Latest posts