What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Book not syncing

EZFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to sync some audio books to my iPad. One book in particular does not sync. I keep getting a "File not found" error message. I can play the files in iTunes, but they will not go to the iPad. I have no problem syncing songs, podcasts or movies.

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does the book show up in the Books library in iTunes? (select Books under Library top left column)

If yes, you can try the following.

This is supposed to work for some other types of errors. With your device connected, in iTunes select the iPad under the Devices list, then go to the Books tab and turn of AudioBook syncing. Sync. Then turn it back on and sync again. This will remove and then re-add all the audiobooks. This might take a while if you have a lot of long books.

OP
E

EZFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Audio Book

The book does show up and plays fine in iTunes. I tried your solution but no luck. I even deleted and reinstalled the book. Just this one book is a problem. Thanks for the help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What is the file format of the book? You can see it by right clicking on the book and choosing Get Info. In the summary tab it will show the complete path to the file. at the very end is the three letter file type e.g. .mpa .mp3 or something else.

iTunes will play more formats than the iPad, so maybe this is it.

BTW, are you using a Mac or Windows. That will help if we have to play with file permissions, which could also be a problem.

Though honestly I'm just easter egging at the moment. I have no idea what is going on.

OP
E

EZFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I convert all my books to m4b. I am using Windows 7. The files have no restrictions and are located similarly to all the rest of my audio books. I have successfully synced this same book to my iPhone 3G. I've spent way too much time on this. I'm gonna give up on this one. Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts