What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T Unlimited?

StudioTq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading on various websites that AT&T's unlimited might have a limit. Just wondering if anyone who might have an iPhone knows.

The limit I keep seeing s around 5 GIG. I have not seen the fine print one the AT&T contract but I was curious.

Tom
:ipad-keyboard:

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but I have heard the 5GB number several times. From what I understand, it is common in the industry. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Winman42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is second hand info, but I was listening today to the latest episode of THIS WEEK IN TECH, and Leo Laporte reported that AT&T said the unlimited plan is REALLY unlimited.

There is no 3gig/5gig, etc ,etc limit.

Win

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is second hand info, but I was listening today to the latest episode of THIS WEEK IN TECH, and Leo Laporte reported that AT&T said the unlimited plan is REALLY unlimited.

There is no 3gig/5gig, etc ,etc limit.

Win

But he also indicated that he would have to wait until he got the bill.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been stated several times by AT&T personnel that the unlimited on the iPad is truly unlimited with no contact from them no matter how much you use. A person writing for one of the tech sites used 30 gig in the first couple days with no issues.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been stated several times by AT&T personnel that the unlimited on the iPad is truly unlimited with no contact from them no matter how much you use. A person writing for one of the tech sites used 30 gig in the first couple days with no issues.

WOW! His eyeballs must be on fire!

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I doubt that he has received his first month's statement, nor have I. Will reserve judgment until I see mine.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course he hasn't. But there have been several interviews with AT&T personnel published stating no limit.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the contract when I signed up because of being familiar with the industry standard of 5 GB caps on unlimited plans, which several companies are using. To my understanding, the fine print basically said that the plan is unlimited, but it lists tons of things that AT&T says are prohibited, which was basically everything except email and web browsing. I think it's a clause the legal guys put in there so AT&T would have the ability to discontinue service of anyone using much broadband if they wanted to do such a thing.

I specifically remember the agreement stating that media streaming and things such as that could be prohibited because I was thinking about netflix and streaming music.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 5GB number applies to Sprint. I had their plan with my VAIO and several people reported being dropped from the service after using more than 5GB in a month.

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was quite surprised to find out that "unlimited" really does mean unlimited. It has been particularly good for me, since my iPad will not connect to my home network.

Apple customer support has yet to explain why many people are having this problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts