What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T Unlimited 3G ipad plan is history!

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
P.S. One more thought. How long do you think it will be until the 2 GB plans for the iPad are back up to $30? I think they only dropped it down to $25 because if they hadn't, the resulting storm would have made hurricane Katrina look small.

True.

The real winners are now the JB/mifi users. You can keep the unlimited data plan on your iPhone (since you will not be officially tethering) and have all the 3G you want on your iPad.

Winners? What sad win that is. Unless you to keep your iPhone forever that is.

Because I bet if you want the new iPhone 4G, you'll be forced to leave your current, unlimited contract too. So that's a temporary win at best.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Current rumor just seen on SkyNet speculates that AT&T may allow users who have purchased an iPad through this weekend, but not yet received it, sign up for the outgoing unlimited plan over the weekend. Transaction has to be completed before midnight June 6.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T has said if you have unlimited, you'll be able to keep it even when switching to a new device.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was in reference to the new iphone. I will look for the news release where this was stated. But I'm not sure how you link even if I find it! I've never done it.

JoAnne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what sucks the most is that being grandfathered in only allows you to keep the unlimited plan if you don't cancel it at all... Thus the no-contract concept is truly not a no-contract if you want the unlimited data plan.

AT&T should actually allow anyone grandfathered in the ability to switch to all plans including the unlimited option...

This is sneaky! Anyone wanting the unlimited plan will not be forced to keep it and not cancel. Thus iPad unlimited data = contract only...

Totally true!:mad:

jay1417

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be pissed, this is the reason many people got the ipad. Looks like new customers only will be excluded.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was stated again last night, after the iPhone 4 announcement, that you would be able to upgrade to the new phone and keep your existing unlimited plan.

JoAnne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was stated again last night, after the iPhone 4 announcement, that you would be able to upgrade to the new phone and keep your existing unlimited plan.

This has nothing to do with the iPad plans though. Totally separate issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts