What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T iPad to iPad 2?

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have backed up my iPad and restored to my new iPad 2. Things went remarkably smooth (so far). I am starting to configure the iPad for my wife's use (what gotta go through to get a new toy).

What is the easiest way to transfer my cellular account from the iPad to the iPad 2? I was just going to enter all the AT&T that I used to set up the iPad into the iPad 2. Any issues of which I need to be aware?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have backed up my iPad and restored to my new iPad 2. Things went remarkably smooth (so far). I am starting to configure the iPad for my wife's use (what gotta go through to get a new toy).

What is the easiest way to transfer my cellular account from the iPad to the iPad 2? I was just going to enter all the AT&T that I used to set up the iPad into the iPad 2. Any issues of which I need to be aware?

Thanks

Mike

Just to be safe, call Att customer service. I think they have to transfer your MEI info onto your iPad 2. That's just my guess.

Reaction score
Yes, enter the AT&T data in iPad 2, but also call AT&T and inform them of the change, otherwise it will look to them, as if you are tethering the connection and you risk getting transferred to a tethering contract.

Last edited:
OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for that advice. I would have overlooked that step.

Regards.

Most reactions

Latest posts