What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At&t Hotspot

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine at Starbucks all the time with no issues. Are you opening Safari and logging in through that?

So, KronicKaos, how are you using your iPad at Starbucks with no issues? Are you in fact logging in with a registered Starbucks card?

thanks,

Win

First I registered a starbucks gift card that I got for xmas. Then I signed up for a free AT&T wifi account. After that all you have to do is open safari and sign on using the free AT&T login info ghat you created. Don't forget to go into settings and tell your iPad to remember the connection though.

Winman42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KronicKaos, thanks for the reply. I was trying to see if free wifi access was available from Starbucks, WITHOUT having to pay them money. I now see its free for iPhone, and not free for wifi iPad. Thanks. I've gotten a $5.00 Starbucks gift card, and will try it the next time the METS are playing a day game. ;-)

thanks again everyone.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't checked on it for a long time, but at one time, AT&T allowed me free wifi for being a DSL customer. There are ways to get free wifi, you just have to find the opening.

Winman42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say AT&T phone customer, are you referring to a LAND LINE? In speaking to AT&T today they were very clear that if you were only an iphone customer you do not get unlimited wifi access at Starbucks. DSL service does get you unlimited wifi access.

ifadpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine at Starbucks all the time with no issues. Are you opening Safari and logging in through that?
Do you have the 3G iPad or just the WiFi version? I thought Starbucks charged for their wifi access?

Winman42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to use my wifi only iPad at Starbucks the other day, so I could watch a baseball game with the MLB 2010 app. I bought a Starbucks card with $5.00 on it, which according to them gives me 2 hours of free wifi each day. I was able to watch the full game, which ran approx 3 hours with no issues.

The quality of the stream wasn';t very good. It comes in much better at my home, which I assumed was because the bandwidth was better at my home. However, between innings I fired up the NetFlix app, and movies streamed in crystal clear quality, so perhaps it was an issue with the MLB 2010 app.

Most reactions

Latest posts