What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T Data Plan

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it possible to somehow use the same AT & T data plan on both my IPAD and IPhone? I cancelled my phone service with AT & T. I only want their data plan.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been several Forum members who have the exact same problem and the concencus seems to be 'No' - it is not possible for your iPhone and iPad to share the same data plan. The network service provider 'knows' the identity of the device that the SIM card is inserted into - it's the so-called IMEI number (International Mobile Equipment Identity) - and so they can lock down a data plan to a specific device if they choose to. AT&T have done this, so I'm afraid it can't be done.

Tim
Scotland

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
Is it possible to somehow use the same AT & T data plan on both my IPAD and IPhone? I cancelled my phone service with AT & T. I only want their data plan.

Just switch the sim from your iPhone to your iPad. I know that is kinda annoying but it works. I think.

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot have the same data plan on both devices. What I do is just have a data plan on my iPad and use my iPhone for testing and calling. There's wifi almost everywhere nowadays anyways.

Reaction score
Can you hot spot the iPhone onto the Ipad? That would be just 1 data plan

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually ~ I think you can share plans. There was a member that works for AT&T and posted that all you have to do is go in and they will set it up for you. It is a new service.

I think.

I will look for that post. Worth a call though in the mean time.

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you could hot spot it? My friend was able to make his iPhone have a hotspot, but I don't know about the iPad.

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When we called (maybe six months ago) the answer was no. To make it even better we have our home DSL through AT&T so we have THREE accounts.

Ridiculous.

Looking forward to getting a Verizon iPhone5 and Verizon iPad 2 so I can dump AT&T.

Well, except for the DSL...

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No you can't do that sadly, you can actually take your sim card and put it in the iPad like aforementioned, but you have to change so numbers around to get it to work properly! But if you have your phone and you get the data pro 4gb it will give you 2gigs for your phone and another 2gb when you thether/hotspot it, that's the only way to share off one plan.

OP
OneMarcil

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Just switch the sim from your iPhone to your iPad. I know that is kinda annoying but it works. I think.

I plan on selling my IPhone for it is a first generation. I purchased me a new Apple IPOD Touch 4th generation that I plan on using as my phone through WIFI. So I will leave the SIM card that is in the IPhone now in the IPAD.

Since I have a 3G cellular data plan from AT & T will I have to cancel that plan on the SIM card that is in the IPAD now and set up a new plan with the SIM card that is currently in the IPhone? is I.

Most reactions

Latest posts