What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G data plan

rickwv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a wireless and thinking of upgrading to the 3G. However, I am confused on the data plans available on AT&T. I am not computer savy enough to determine which plan I need based on the data I might be using. Mostly I will be checking email, reading news, accessing Westlaw. I will rarely download or print anything from the iPad.

Can someone recommend which data plan might better for me?

Thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suggest you buy the cheapest one, then see how much you use. You can always add more if needed.

kevinh0326

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good option

I am using a wireless and thinking of upgrading to the 3G. However, I am confused on the data plans available on AT&T. I am not computer savy enough to determine which plan I need based on the data I might be using. Mostly I will be checking email, reading news, accessing Westlaw. I will rarely download or print anything from the iPad.

Can someone recommend which data plan might better for me?

Thanks

You might try TruConnect.com. No monthly data plan, pay as you go by the megabyte. 3.9 cents/MB. Good for occassional use or when needed. No big bundle that you pay for whether you use it or not. Sprint Network. Works great with iPad.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might try TruConnect.com. No monthly data plan, pay as you go by the megabyte. 3.9 cents/MB. Good for occassional use or when needed. No big bundle that you pay for whether you use it or not. Sprint Network. Works great with iPad.
Totally thinking this way, Kevin.

I'd been wishing I had a 3G model until recently. It makes a LOT more sense to get a Mifi 3G device for the same price and be able to connect multiple devices. Currently my Palm Pre provides a free hotspot on Verizon but I'm looking at MiFi options when I switch to Sprints iPhone 5 (hopefully) next month. I just can't see spending $30-80 for smartphone data plans.

Comcast Internet2Go @ $25/mo for 2GB 3G, or $40 4G unlimited (and/or 5GB 3G) is the clear winner for Comcast customers who use at least 1GB/month.

Virgin Mobile 3G Broadband2Go @ $10/10days for 100MB, $20/mo for 500MB, $50 unlimited comes in 2nd, if you use under 500 MB per month

Thanks for the TruConnect info. For minimal use (200 MB or so), TruConnect is a better choice. For the cost of a Starbuck's coffee, it would also be good for a home internet backup even if you don't use it.

Most reactions

Latest posts