What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asphalt6-Adrenaline, A Question

TonyPie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased Asphalt6-Adrenaline(HD) for the iPad, one of my favorite racing games; though RealRacingHD is still probably the best IMHO.

The one question that I have about Asphalt6 is what does Drift mean, and how do I accomplish Drift within the control parameters of the game?:confused:

The game has several race venues to accomplish which, if successful, will score you points that you can eventually redeem to improve your existing auto(s) or purchase an improved, higher performance auto. Some of the racing venues require you to Drift. For the life of me, I really don't know how to perform this maneuver, what it means, etc. I tried to contact Gameloft, the publisher of the game, but haven't received a response.

Can anyone on this Forum give me some input/advice.

ljholland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's actually REALLY easy. As you approach a turn, turn the steering slightly in the direction you want to go....then tap the brake (left side of the screen). The car will slide sideways. Continue to drive through the turn, then, tap again and it'll stop drifting.

Once you see how this works, you'll see that the drift races are actually the easiest races to do. Just drift through every turn ... don't worry about speed.

Also, if you drift, you seem to pick up boost level. Drifting in the middle of a race is quick way to build boost when you need to pass other racers. It barely slows you down either.

Hope that helps!

OP
T

TonyPie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ljholland, thanks for your reply. I didn't realize that you should tap the brake when going into a turn to Drift. Really appreciate your helpful response. :)

Tony

Most reactions

Latest posts