What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask to join networks?

ewo1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen many places say that turning this feature off saves battery power, because it won't always be looking for a network. But won't it always be looking for one if wifi is enabled. On or off it says it will connect automatically to known networks. On it says it will ask you to join in known net work. Off it's says you will have to do it manually. But If it's off isn't it always searching to see if there is a known network?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ewo1992 said:
I've seen many places say that turning this feature off saves battery power, because it won't always be looking for a network. But won't it always be looking for one if wifi is enabled. On or off it says it will connect automatically to known networks. On it says it will ask you to join in known net work. Off it's says you will have to do it manually. But If it's off isn't it always searching to see if there is a known network?

To maximize battery life only have on what you need. The first thing I do when I get a new iPad is move the settings to the main bar at the bottom so I can turn things on and off from any screen. If I know I will be reading a book or playing a solo local game for a long time I go into airplane mode. I turn 3/4G on if I am out and about with Wifi off and I leave 3/4G off when I am on a reliable Wifi. The same for Bluetooth.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
leaving wifi on but disabling that ask to join network will not save any battery. only disabling wifi completely would save battery.

OP
E

ewo1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leaving wifi on but disabling that ask to join network will not save any battery. only disabling wifi completely would save battery.

Okay that's what I thought, I got confused when someone told me otherwise

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:

That is what I meant.

Watergirl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my friend is visiting she is trying to join my wireless network in my house, we went to settings but it's asking for ip address, subnet mask, router, dns, serch domains, and client is....i have the information for the router password etc, but where do i get to that spot???

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
on the settings - wlan - your wlan network should be visible (if it is), showing your SSID.
click on that SSID and it will connect; if you have it encrypted it will ask for the password.
If it does not show up you may tap on "other" - thenyou will need to type in the SSID, choose the encryption mode and type in the password in order to connect....

hope this helps,

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts