What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arm

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a third arm ....

To hold my ipad 3 in a switcheasy canvas.

Im soo tired of this, watching movies with my cappucino in my right hand and the remote for my Sony 790 bluray is just fun ;)
But where do I hold my pad, crucial to enjoy plot details and goofs on imdb, must have for second screen so many BD offer nowadays.

And in bed, reading top stories on Bbc one.

And maybe most important in kitchen, it is very helpful to be able to watch youtube handsfree, when making that lovely alioli!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I need a third arm ....

To hold my ipad 3 in a switcheasy canvas.

Im soo tired of this, watching movies with my cappucino in my right hand and the remote for my Sony 790 bluray is just fun ;)
But where do I hold my pad, crucial to enjoy plot details and goofs on imdb, must have for second screen so many BD offer nowadays.

And in bed, reading top stories on Bbc one.

And maybe most important in kitchen, it is very helpful to be able to watch youtube handsfree, when making that lovely alioli!

You need an iPad floor stand, which holds the iPad on a flexible arm, locating it where convenient. Just Google iPad floor stand.

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find iArm at amazon - not quite what I was looking, but could do.

And I find iHead - but thats a pair of cans, you didnt mean them? Nifty product btw, can be screwed and used as speakers!

iStand is also a useable, but that not my pie of cake, its a 3 feet pole with a Ipad mount on top - not flexible.

Then we have SpiderArm, a reasonable priced gadget, perfect for cooking, netflix and bedtimes. I dont find it in Norway, it will be very expensive to get from the usa

Others?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somewhere the other day I saw a small table, like they use for eating at when you are in a hospital bed which tilted, it was made for a laptop but would suit an iPad......if only i could remember it's name or where I saw it......I'm not helping much am I!

The Archangel

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for that table, but no. I am so sorry, this i not what I was looking for. I am more into the Arm thing/ department.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, you may want solutions for each situation requiring another 'arm' - :)

But check this Thread HERE - my solution to mounting the iPad in the kitchen to look @ recipes (using Paprika) - hope this helps? If not, good luck in your search and please post back your solutions! Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think you are coming at the problem from the wrong direction. Instead of something to hold the iPad, you need something to free your hands from the drink and remote control. After all, the iPad is much more enjoyable to hold.

I'm thinking a Butler would be the best possible solution.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think you are coming at the problem from the wrong direction. Instead of something to hold the iPad, you need something to free your hands from the drink and remote control. After all, the iPad is much more enjoyable to hold.

I'm thinking a Butler would be the best possible solution.

Hi TP - LOL! :D At least for a drinking solution, reminds me of those hats w/ can holders & a straw - :)

beer-hat-beer-helmet-pic-8.jpg

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aah - problem solved -

iButler - complete with a Coke on top !

Most reactions