What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are zagg screen protectors always this grippy?

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried the Zagg screen protector only new IPad first time. I've read about the egg sheep effect but I didn't realize how grippy the screen protector is. It make my stylus unusable. Is this normal (squeak)? is this a defect (squeak) and does this change after the screen protector settles in? (squeak) See what I mean.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have it on my phone and it took some time to get used to the drag resistant i had when trying to scroll. Eventually, I became used to it.

Cobra Jet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the non-glare-anti-fingerprint shield by ZAGG or the "regular" clear shield?

The reason I ask is, I originally had the NGAF shield from ZAGG and to be honest, it was THE WORST product to use, due to its design... It made the screen look pixelated and it was such a waste of money, because trying to view the screen thru THAT specific ZAGG product was very - no, EXTREMELY, hard on your vision, especially if using it for more than an hour.

I ended up with the regular ZAGG shield, which is clear and it's definitely a world of difference over their other product. The shield does have a rubbery like feeling to it, however, I don't have a issues wih using it, as it seems to be as smooth a process as if I were touching the actual glass screen.

Are you sure your product was installed correctly and more importantly, "right side up"?

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Regular. I hate the scroll but oddly enough I can thumb type much more accurately. I guess I'll keep it for awhile. Zagg tech support says it needs "cure" time.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always buy my zagg shields at best buy because they install them free. If they screw up
They pay for the second one. But so far they have done it fast and easy

Most reactions

Latest posts