What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are You Using Your IPad 2 More After iOS 7 Update?

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My go to tablets are the Kindle Fire HD 7, Nook HD+ (With dual boot AFN SD card) and the now sweet iPad 2.

Before iOS 7 was using the iPad 2 not that much. Amongst other things, the new Control Panel changed that. What a great convevience addition! Especially the WiFi on/off access. Now am using the nifty iPad 2 at least 60% more than before the terrific update.

Anyone else using their iPad 2 more?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad 2 and my iPad mini are always being used on a daily basis. If both of these are not available for use, I use my iPhone. All running iOS 7. My daily usage has not change with iOS updates. I use is just as much as before.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
HTML:
Just upgraded my iPad 2 last night - will do wife's iPad Mini this weekend (she needs to delete a LOT of crap before I want to proceed) - do not expect us to change our habits at all (not using other tablets) - Dave :)

OP
cruiser111

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cant see the great thrill of the new control panel.

I use my ipad2 about 7 hours (on and off) daily. Ios7 is ok, but not life changing. For me, take it or leave it.

Each to his own. Having had other tablets, from day one with the iPad 2 I was searching for a WiFi button for the home page or ideally in the notification center, with no luck. Interestingly, with another tablet having a WiFi on/off button readily available, found myself opting for that tablet when doing a quick weather check or looking at something online. Quicker activation of WiFi made that much difference? Yes, apparently it did.

While the update has a number of other nice benefits, that's what brought the iPad 2 back into play. We are, after all, creatures of convenience.

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got two iPads, one with IOS 7 and one IOS 6. The one with IOS 7 collects dust. I was going to upgrade to an ipad 4/5 and 5S phone but instead, I'm going to make do with the pad using IOS 6 and buy a Galaxy S4.

Most reactions

Latest posts