What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you going to purchase the Smart Cover? If so, which type/color?

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No smart cover for me. My guess is almost every other company that makes a cover will include the magnets in their cover giving you a smartcover. Plus the Apple smartcover gives no protection from drops or anyother mess up.

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a case that is more durable. I will wait for Otterbox to come out with one and get it. I have one on my iPhone and it has been a phone saver!!!! My mom dropped my phone in a puddle of water yesterday, due to the otterbox my phone was not wet. To me the bulk of it is worth the safety measures.

Reaction score
I was going for the Red Leather Smart Cover but I kept thinking about how pricey it was and when I saw Apple's disclaimer on how the color on the leather Smart Covers may rub off I just thought it made no sense to me to shed the extra dollars on th leather just because I liked the color best when the color is probably going to look tarnished later on!

I'm going for the polyurethane grey Smart Cover. Yes it doesn't protect the back of the iPad nor does it protect the device itself when falling, like some people have pointed out, but I'm ordering a beautiful Gelaskin to protect the back of the device and I also got a custom made padded case on Etsy to slip the iPad into, whenever I'm leaving the house! :)

Just need the iPad now! (here in Europe we have to wait another 2 weeks :()

Last edited:

Most reactions