What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you going to purchase the Smart Cover? If so, which type/color?

keyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll just get a Smart Cover and a sleeve to carry it in. No worries. Thats what I do with my laptop and I don't have a single scratch on it.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting a plastic smart cover. Still trying to decide between silver/gray, green and blue.

I bought a 10.2" neoprene laptop sleeve made by Tuari at Target for $12.99 yesterday that I'll keep it in when not using it. That that should limit any scratches to the back, as well as providing padding when I chuck it in my briefcase or backpack etc.

Can always set the aluminum side down on that when using it on the go. Plus you can fold the smart cover over to cover the back when setting it down as well.

That said I'm not anal about scratches etc. I'll probably keep it at least 2-3 years before upgrading and then would likely give it so a family member or donate it rather than trying to sell it anyway.

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll just get a Smart Cover and a sleeve to carry it in. No worries. Thats what I do with my laptop and I don't have a single scratch on it.

Is this sleeve available when ordering on the apple website?

What about the full-body invisible shield?

Will both of these provide enough protection or is a leather/poly case still required for protection?

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful with the smart cover - Engadget reported a nasty scratch on the back of the aluminum because this cover is just a screen protector.. think about that before you buy.. all the times that you will be placing the ipad down on the aluminum.

The Geeks were probably fighting over who got to use it first.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So many colours...only one iPad....

I wish there was a darker blue one. I like the charcoal one, but its leather and I don't want to spend money on a leather cover until I'm sold on the design functionality. So, it'll be the gray polyurethane for me.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ipad2Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, the iPad 2 is a big enough expense by itself this month but next month, I will be looking at prices on Amazon etc on the smart cover or 3rd party covers too.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I am one of the few that actually like the Apple case for the ipad 1. I accidentally set my ipad on the roof of my car as I was loading it and drove off with it still up there. I live in the mountains with winding roads and when I drove around one exceptionally large turn I heard a loud clunk. I realized at that moment that I had left my ipad on the roof and freaked out big time! When I could pull over I did but I could not find my ipad on the street anywhere. Lo and behold it fell off the roof onto my trunk and the case kept it from sliding off! I really, really like that case!!

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess I am one of the few that actually like the Apple case for the ipad 1. I accidentally set my ipad on the roof of my car as I was loading it and drove off with it still up there. I live in the mountains with winding roads and when I drove around one exceptionally large turn I heard a loud clunk. I realized at that moment that I had left my ipad on the roof and freaked out big time! When I could pull over I did but I could not find my ipad on the street anywhere. Lo and behold it fell off the roof onto my trunk and the case kept it from sliding off! I really, really like that case!!

Well with that story you need this case.. (0:52 into the video) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIDtfBXMZQw"]Link Here[/ame]

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
dunno. just dunno.

up until now i'd planned on a black devise and black leather smart case. but now a white device with blue or pink or green cover sounds equally appealing.

decisions decisions

(also, did i hear somewhere the leather ones rub off or something?)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a pink one when I ordered at 3:03! After having my iPad nearly a year, I have no scratches on the back, and I've never used a cover. So I'm not concerned about that. I put it in a bag if I take it out of the house, but just couldn't get used to the extra bulk of a case, so the Smart cover seems ideal.

Most reactions

Latest posts