What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there any hacks to update iOS to at least 13.1?

Longy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My. iPad is still in really good nick but I am unable to install or update apps etc as it requires at least 13.1 iOS.

Is anyone aware of any hacks that will allow me to update my iPad. I really don’t want to chuck a good one in favour of a newer one.

Megan.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

If your device isn’t eligible for iOS 13, it’s not possible to update it to that version. Also, Apple doesn’t sign iOS 13 for any Apple device. If you try installing that software version on your device, you’ll get an error warning, such as “The device isn't eligible for the requested build.", or “There was a problem downloading the software.", and you won’t be able to proceed.
Additionally, your iPad might not be able to handle iOS 13 because of its hardware.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even if you find a copy of the iOS 13.1 update file it won’t install because part of the update process is an online verification with Apple update servers which checks that the update has no errors and that your device is eligible for that update.

Most reactions

Latest posts