What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archiving books

Trvlowls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a newbie and not all that computer literate. Can anyone tell me how to archive books I have read from my library to the archives?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple! On the Home screen, touch the book you want to "delete" and hold it there until you see an X in the upper corner of the book.

kindlepic.jpg

When you tap the X, the book will be sent to your Archive. The books really isn't gone, because if you ever want to read it again, just go to your Archive and tap the book and voila, it will magically re-appear on your Home page.

kindlepic2.jpg

Clear as mud, eh?

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's where they go when you archive your books. When you delete a book from your iPad, you can always download it again because Amazon keeps track of your purchases. This also provides the means for reading your stuff on different devices (I think the maximum number is 5). Once you buy a book, you can access your account and download your purchases on an actual Kindle reader, your computer, your iPhone, iPod Touch and now your iPad.

The other really nice feature if you read books on more than one device is Whisper Sync. Let's say I start reading a book on my iPad. As long as I am connected, Amazon will remember where I left off. Now when I want to read the same book on my PC, when I open that book, Whisper Sync will take me to the page where I left off when I was reading it on my iPad! And when I close that, I can go somewhere with my iPhone and it works exactly the same way where it picks up where I left off.

And just to be fair, the other major readers have a similar feature where you can sync among several different devices as long as the are tied to the same account.

OP
T

Trvlowls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype & Ipad

Hi there
your last was so helpful I thought I would try and pick your brain about using skype on I pad. I have advanced past books! We bought an "eye Ball" that wa suppose to work. But, we only get audio. No video -- it doesn't come up when I call up Skype. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Most reactions