What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppStore Updating Problem!

MarcusOy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. This my first post as well as my first problem on the new jailbreak for 6.1.
I have currently have 9 updates and I can't seem to update my apps. This dialogue message pops up:

image.jpg
(Click to enlarge)

Note that these apps are not cracked and I paid for them before I jailbroken.
My device is the iPad Mini.
I was able to update once after the jailbreak but then this happened.
Please respond on what I should do to solve this problem.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way I know of that this message can appear is if those apps are pirated. The message means that there is no valid owner information in the apps you are trying to update.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, if you genuinely own them you can simply remove them from your device and re-install them again from the App Store. You cannot be charged again if you already own them.
iTunes will not let you update an app if the app does not contain a valid AppleID "owner" embedded in it. Every app you download from Apple has the ID of the person it belongs to embedded within it, but pirates strip that information out.

OP
MarcusOy

MarcusOy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The only way I know of that this message can appear is if those apps are pirated. The message means that there is no valid owner information in the apps you are trying to update.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, if you genuinely own them you can simply remove them from your device and re-install them again from the App Store. You cannot be charged again if you already own them.
iTunes will not let you update an app if the app does not contain a valid AppleID "owner" embedded in it. Every app you download from Apple has the ID of the person it belongs to embedded within it, but pirates strip that information out.

Hi. I did what you said and it worked, but my future app updates are saying the same thing, except a twitter update.

jeppo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've actually had this happen twice (with NON-pirated apps). The first was because I originally got it from a different itunes store, got it in U.S. store and tried to update from Singapore store. For that it was a free app, so I just deleted it and got it from the Singapore store. The other time was when I got the app for free when it was free for a day, but then when they returned it to full price, I couldn't update as I hadn't paid for it. Still have no solution for that one.

Most reactions