What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appshopper.com Question?

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a quick question about shopper.com if you click on the "Buy It" button it appears to switch over to Apple's app store but if the application is not available does that mean it's not available at all or is there another location to purchase the application? It seems that AppShopper is only a portal to the app store and you cannot actually download the application directly from that site.

For example the application Dead Simple To Do does not seem available at Apples App store but it is listed at Appshopper for iPad only???

Any thoughts?

MSax

Last edited by a moderator:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No you cannot download from that website....so try adding or deleting spaces in your search on the App Store.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never actually clicked the buy link on Appshopper to know what happens. When I do my daily appshopper check, I keep a notepad handy, jot down what I'm interested in looking at, then go to the app store and look them all up.

AdrianW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "Buy It" button does link to the iTunes app store, BUT sometimes the link is for a specific US version of the app - if there's an alternate international version, you may need to just search for the name in the app store.

Many of the EA titles (like Mirror's Edge, Scrabble & Boggle) have US versions and World versions. AppShopper links to the US version, so if you're using another country's app store, it won't find the app.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a quick question about shopper.com if you click on the "Buy It" button it appears to switch over to Apple's app store but if the application is not available does that mean it's not available at all or is there another location to purchase the application? It seems that AppShopper is only a portal to the app store and you cannot actually download the application directly from that site.

For example the application Dead Simple To Do does not seem available at Apples App store but it is listed at Appshopper for iPad only???

Any thoughts?

MSax

I did search for that app also , and couldn't find it in app store.

Abrennan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eyepadulation.com
Yep

I see it at appshopper but not at the AppStore. Must be one of those annoying real world border issues. There a whole series of star trek books barnes and noble won't sell me for their ereader. I understand it is due to me not "Living in America" unlike James Brown.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't blame AppShopper.
This is some kind of fluke. I have never had a problem like this.
Usually Appshopper is exactly accurate about existence of an app, price changes, etc.
It appears the App is gone from the AppStore, but still on AppShopper.
Odd.

There is something weird and suspicious about "Dead Simple".
There are 3 other "Apps by this developer"
  • All the Support links for these apps, take you to Google.
  • The PerfectBrowser devwebsite link takes you to a simple generic webpage, where if you click on the "get app for iPad" link, it takes you to "Oops! This link appears to be broken."
  • TheFlashlight app HAS no DevSite.
  • The iMason app does NOT take you to GeorgeMason U website, but its own simple site. A search for iMason from the real GMU site, finds nothing about an iMason app.
  • Some link from the couple of websites I COULD get to, took me to a Flash gaming site.

I don't think I would trust ANY of the apps from this developer at this time.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had this issue if the app was not (yet) available in my country or if the app was removed.

Abrennan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eyepadulation.com
This is what I found when I looked up this App in the Appstore today

App removed from site
We're sorry, "Dead Simple TODO + Notes HD" has been removed from the App Store.

Please return to the front page and use the search box above to find another app.

Most reactions

Latest posts