What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps wont sync from laptop to Ipad Air

BigBoyUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a number of apps I would like to transfer from my laptop (win7) to my first new Ipad Air. I have been able to sync the two using the lightning cable and I can see the apps already loaded onto my Ipad, on my laptop copy of iTunes. The problem is I cant drag the laptop apps over to the iPad or click on the 'install' button as it appears to be greyed out. Is there something I have failed to do or does this sound like a software problem. I have tried re-installing the latest iTunes software, rebooted both devices and even shouted at them both to no avail. Any advice would be much appreciated.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Did you already see these instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1386

If that's not the problem, look at your settings on the iPad: did you enable restrictions, in Settings - General - Restrictions - Installing Apps or Deleting Apps?

Last edited:
OP
B

BigBoyUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Did you already see these instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1386

If that's not the problem, look at your settings on the iPad: did you enable restrictions, in Settings - General - Restrictions - Installing Apps or Deleting Apps?

Hi JA,
Yes I did discover that link and followed it right through with no luck. I will check the restriction setting you mentioned and let you know how I get on.
Thanks.

OP
B

BigBoyUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JA,
Yes I did discover that link and followed it right through with no luck. I will check the restriction setting you mentioned and let you know how I get on.
Thanks.

Restrictions were set wrong, thank you so much.

Most reactions

Latest posts