What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps Won't Download

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello... I have been trying to download several apps that are free for iTunes 5th anniversary, but all have been in "waiting" status and will not download onto my iPad Mini. I deleted all of the apps I was trying to download from my desktop and tried to download only one of the apps (How to Cook Everything) but it continues to be in "waiting" status. Has anyone else had problems with trying to download one of the apps that are free due to the anniversary? I even turned my Mini off and back on and the app is still "waiting." What am I doing wrong? Does anyone know how to fix this? I would like to get this app before the price goes up again. TIA

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried it on my Mini and it was fine.....

image-3595223392.jpg

image-3885346800.jpg

Just out of interest, are you using wifi or cellular connection?

The Archangel

OP
teralpar

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using wifi via my phone's hotspot. Maybe the connection isn't strong enough? Although I'm able to browse the web and watch videos just fine.

Lewispaul88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe your internet speed is slow that is the only reason otherwise there is no issue regarding downloading the application.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, have you also downloaded anything from the iTunes app? Have a look if there's anything pending and if there is just swipe it to bring up the Delete tab and delete.

Then go back to your app and tap it and see if it then begins downloading.

OP
teralpar

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize for not responding sooner... About an hour after I sent the first post yesterday the app began to download, although it took about 15-20 minutes to do so. I downloaded a couple of other free apps and those downloaded in about 15 minutes also. I'm assuming that the wait was due to the wifi on my phone. I usually only use my iPad Mini at home where I have high speed Internet and apps usually take only seconds to download.

Thanks for all of your help!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I apologize for not responding sooner... About an hour after I sent the first post yesterday the app began to download, although it took about 15-20 minutes to do so. I downloaded a couple of other free apps and those downloaded in about 15 minutes also. I'm assuming that the wait was due to the wifi on my phone. I usually only use my iPad Mini at home where I have high speed Internet and apps usually take only seconds to download.

Thanks for all of your help!

Well I'm glad that your app did finally download for you......thank you for letting us know.

This is good info for anyone else downloading apps via a phone hotspot and is good to know!

Most reactions