What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading free Apps from the Ipad store, without a credit card

saroshanklesaria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an ipad in Switzerland and am at home with my parents in India. I am trying to download some apps, but am unable to do so. I even tried this with a credit card and got an itunes store account. However just before downloading I am asked for a password and does not recognise my password (says "wrong password" which is strange!)

Anyone knows a quick way to create an account and download free apps?

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The password is your iTunes account password (I believe you can also enter your account information from your iPad). Also did you try linking it to a Paypal account?

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a credit card or Pay Pal account or anything on file and I download free stuff all the time so that's not the problem. If I want to buy something I just add my PayPal account, buy it, then remove my PayPal acct.
You can sign out of whatever account it is on the main page of the app store. Then the option comes up to sign into an existing acct OR to create a new one (with a new password).
I bet that would work for you although you may have to use one of your other email addresses, or get a gmail address.

Most reactions