What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps to make phone calls using the ipad?

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google "Reactivate Skype credit" , I can't send you the link as I automatically go to the french website ;-)

OP
R

reggieroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yptcn said:
With Skype your credit is never lost as long as you send a text message or a phone call once every 180 days . I set a reminder and call myself if I haven't used it !

Well I just added £10 credit for emergencys etc. So what happens if you don't use it in 180 days, you lose it?

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
reggieroo said:
Well I just added £10 credit for emergencys etc. So what happens if you don't use it in 180 days, you lose it?

No you won't lose it, if you don't use it your balance will go to zero ...... But..... You can reactivate your balance. Have a look on the Skype web page.

I put my £10 on over a year ago then I didn't use Skype for ages and all I did was reactivate and I got my tenner back.

You could also just send a text from Skype to your mobile once every 3 months which will keep it active (cost 0.035p so not expensive)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
R

reggieroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question but how to do send text via skype on the iPad? I just went to have a look & you open up the keypad to dial, I can't see any option to txt only a call button. Do you have to save a phone number first as a contact & then click on that?

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
reggieroo said:
This may sound like a dumb question but how to do send text via skype on the iPad? I just went to have a look & you open up the keypad to dial, I can't see any option to txt only a call button. Do you have to save a phone number first as a contact & then click on that?

Let's see if I can explain how to do it lol

In Skype touch the Contacts icon, in the top right of your screen there should be two little icons, a + and one with lots of dots.

Click the one with lots of dots which will open the dial pad, enter a phone number then click the left most icon at the bottom of the dial pad box (looks like a speech bubble with a little phone in it), this will open another screen for you to type a text (appears the price has gone up to 0.085p but still very cheap).

Hope this makes sense, if not let me know :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
darkangelwitch said:

In Skype touch the Contacts icon, in the top right of your screen there should be two little icons, a + and one with lots of dots.

Click the one with lots of dots which will open the dial pad, enter a phone number then click the left most icon at the bottom of the dial pad box (looks like a speech bubble with a little phone in it), this will open another screen for you to type a text (appears the price has gone up to 0.056p but still very cheap).

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Correction, cost 0.056p

Apologies for duplicate strange posts, something weird going on with my ipf app,

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
R

reggieroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darkangelwitch said:

Click the one with lots of dots which will open the dial pad, enter a phone number then click the left most icon at the bottom of the dial pad box (looks like a speech bubble with a little phone in it), this will open another screen for you to type a text (appears the price has gone up to 0.085p but still very cheap).

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Ok that did work but strangely I tried that earlier today & got an error message. Thanks

lorryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...I use Skype from my iPad. Buy a subscription (not same as credit) I buy unlimited world for about $13 per month and you can call any landline in 40 countries. You can also use it to call landline to landline if you get a Skype number. All this is included in price.
Lorraine

Most reactions