What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps I Like So Far

OP
T

Texas_Mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330: Wow awesome tip on the browser, I had no idea there was a browser that had TABS!! Thats probably my biggest gripe with safari. Thanks a bunch, thats exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to learn with this thread!

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
My list of apps installed is quite large, however my list of "I use this all the time" is not as large.

1. Safari, Mail, iPod, Video (all built in, so listed together)
2. Feeddler - I follow some 30 RSS feeds and this app is awesome. Flipboard just got updated to support Google Reader feeds, so will check that out today.
3. Twitter
4. The Weather Channel MAX+
5. DocsToGo Premium (gotta have the Cloud access!)
6. Netflix

I use others, but the ones listed above are used every day.

Also, to AlunReynolds - DocsToGo Premium allows direct access to a large number of Cloud Services: Dropbox, Box.Net, Google Docs, iDisk, Public iDisk, SugarSync. It allows the sharing/syncing over wifi with your PC as well. I keep 4 devices sync'd using Dropbox and DocsToGo.

Last edited:
OP
T

Texas_Mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Deckyon thanks for reminding me! I forgot about my Netflix, thats one I use every day just hangin out watchin the documentaries (I am now an encyclopedia of documentary lore!).

Might have to look at the weather channel one, I got two weather apps (1 paid 1 free) and dont really care for either.

OP
T

Texas_Mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey! I bought some of those Ea games that are on sale for .99
These are the three I'm having a ball with-
1. Yahtzee (great game and excellent presentation)
2. Scrabble (Its scrabble...what more can I say!)
3. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (Wasnt sure I would like this but gotta admit its pretty high adrenaline)

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flipboard
Stylish facebook and RSS feed viewer, great for reading journals.

Bloomberg
To watch my stocks.

GraphCalc HD
High Powered graphing calculator.

WordPress
For editing and moderating my blog.

TeX Equation
Writing equations for my emails.

TeX Touch
Generating pdfs.

Po.st
For posting photos to facebook.

Ancestry
Viewing and editing my family tree. Really lovely app!

DC Comics.
My favorite comics, Bayou and Sandman.

GoodReader
For reading papers and textbooks.

Yelp
Finding places to eat and shop.

Timer+
A simple timer.

Withings
My wifi scale software to help me stick to my diet and training plan for the marathon!

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By far, the most useful application I have is iThoughtsHD. I use it to map out ideas on active and cold case homicide investigations. The developer is extremely helpful, and he has continually revised the app to make it more useful. The next revision will include a flowcharting option in addition to the so-called "mind mapping" feature.

Most reactions

Latest posts