What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for people in IT

JoebinXXX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice list!
You might also like the article I did For Ipad 22 productivity apps that will make your life easier - it's not just for IT people though, it's great iPad apps for productivity in general..

Pretty nice list.. I like how you have a video for each! Surprisingly I have most of them though :/ was hoping for some that I have nvr seen.. None the less, good work!

I love this thread BTW for sure gonna have to look so of these up! Thx

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where could I find the "LogMeIn" app? any idea?

Google.

I'd post a link, but as this is only my second post on these forums, I'm prohibited from doing so. Afraid you'll have to type "logmein" into Google yourself.

First of all, I've the tendency to ask whenever I don't know... that's why I joined the forum. We are not all the same, and I believe there's no stupid question (and that's why it's called a forum). I accept my ignorance, which once I know the answers, it disappears; but I don't accept the sarcastic tone! "Googling" is a very general answer... I could've "googled" whatever I need instead of joining the forum; it's not the best way to increase your number of participations!

I thought these apps are very special and not available directly, otherwise, why people bother themselves writing and suggesting "known" things? Moreover, some people say some apps are free and I discovered it's not!

Last edited:

Cssystemstx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look for LogMeIn Ignition. I have that on the iPad and it works great. You can do the search in the Apple Store and it will come up there. I pulled it directly to the iPad.

Last edited:

iBold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TN5250 - for AS400 connection,
Wyse - for remote desktop PC's,
Teamviewer HD - for remote over the internet,
iTeleport - for remote desktop for the Mac's
Connect - for secure remote connections
Filemaker Go - for connet toFilemaker Pro databases,
iSite - to make Websites
Torrentulla - for downloading with torrents
Wordpress - to manages Wordpress sites..

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mocha has an app for Windows pc's as well.

Remote Desktop Full & Lite.

Surprisingly the Lite version (Free) has very good functionality.

adml_shake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new Ipad owner. And yesterday while doing a wireless site survey for a new building my company is putting up I thought how great it would be if I could use my ipad for this instead of my bulky laptop. However I guess Apple removed all the wifi analyzers from itunes? Because I can't seem to find any, anyone know of any that someone manged to sneak in or will if they've heard that the ban might soon be lifted since apple seems to be easing on some of the restrictions as of late?

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Great list.

The one that interests me the most is #12 HandBase. If it can connect to a networked SQL server i can see this being very, very useful at my work.

Nope, no network SQL connection :(

I also just added one that I started using at work called Live Cams HD. Its only $0.99 and lets me monitor all of our work cameras (64) and my home cameras.

rcavu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.werdata.com
Great list.

The one that interests me the most is #12 HandBase. If it can connect to a networked SQL server i can see this being very, very useful at my work.
if you are looking to get data from a SQL database to the iPad, check out the Werdata Data2Phone app at the iTunes

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you ask me, the iPad is really missing some key IT type apps. Networking, wireless networking and troubleshooting, server, usb to serial console option, etc. The iPad is virtually useless to me for my job outside of remote desktop.

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi some questions about your apps

#3 iNet Pro - Scan your network for devices, port scan. ping, Wake On Lan... (Is it really worth it? was looking at it and um it's not free naymore for the light version)

#11 Server Admin Remote ($11.99) - Monitor Mac OS X Server Services on the go. (can this work on Windows server or only mac?)

Thx

Most reactions

Latest posts