What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applications like Microsoft-excel and Microsoft-powerpoint for iPad 2

p_s_92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand for iPad2 the application by Apple for working with MS-Excel spreadsheets is Numbers and for MS-Powerpoint presentations is Keynote.

However, a user in our office thinks there is a version of MS-Excel and MS-powerpoint which can be used in iPad2. Are there any such applications distributed by Apple or by third party vendors? I searched in the iTunes stores and found an Excel(free app) and Excel with CSV(for 0.99) but they are not Excel replacements. They have limitations like only 30 rows are available on the spreadsheet.

From How to edit spreadsheets on an iPad | Macworld I notice the first option is Numbers, then few others.

1. Is there a MS-Office application for iPad like they have for Macs?

2. Is there a MS-Excel/MS-Powerpoint application for iPad so that the user feels more comfortable working with spreadsheets and presentations since he has always used Windows and MS-Office. He has heard from his friends who have iPads that there are such applications but did not ask which ones or how they purchased it.

Thanks

Mollysmate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try 'Cloudon' which is available free of charge from the iPad app store. You'll need either a 'Dropbox' or 'Box' account to link to it. I use my free 'Dropbox' account which works seamlessly with this app. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files stored here can be edited at will. New documents can also be initiated here. An obvious disadvantage is the fact that you need to be online throughout the editing process. Apart from this however you might be surprised how slick this app is. It's not quite as attractive or responsive as the desktop version of Microsoft Office, but might be worth a try?

By the way, this is my first post on this forum and I've just realised I've placed the words 'attractive' and 'Microsoft Office' in the same sentence! Hope the Apple devotees on this site will forgive me!

Most reactions

Latest posts