What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppleID turmoil!

h2vh31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My household owns 2 iPads plus 2 iMacs - 1 iPad and the iMacs are 'run' by myself, the remaining iPad by my better half (see attachment)!

Last week I attempted to allocate a separate AppleID to my wife's unit ('BenteiPad') - but I shouldn't have done that, because the change seemed to affect som of the other (3) units!?

After several hours of work - and four consultations with Apple Support - I ended up having ONE common AppleID for all (4) units.

Last night my wife's unit was updated, and while rebooting I was requested to type in the password from her PREVIOUS AppleID!!

I have consulted Apple Support again, but there seems to be no real good 'explanation' for this calamity! :(

I wonder if someone else has encountered similar problems?

/Hans

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2021-08-09 kl. 11.12.42.png
    Skærmbillede 2021-08-09 kl. 11.12.42.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 116

Caesars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure BUT that may have been for the App Store / other things that were previously purchased. I believe this is if you guys are sharing a Music or AppStore login (that way she doesn’t have to pay for any app a 2nd time).

I could be completely wrong, hopefully y’all don’t end up getting each others messages and emails non stop now haha!

OP
H

h2vh31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure BUT that may have been for the App Store / other things that were previously purchased. I believe this is if you guys are sharing a Music or AppStore login (that way she doesn’t have to pay for any app a 2nd time).

I could be completely wrong, hopefully y’all don’t end up getting each others messages and emails non stop now haha!
Thanks for your interest. I asked the supporter the same question, and he 'claimed' that the SAME login data are valid for iCloud, App Store and iTunes Store...but he didn't sound 100% convinced! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts