What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppleCare

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone get AppleCare with their iPad? I haven't gotten it but probably will today. Just out of curiosity, I know that apple has that iPad replacement if battery goes dead policy for $99. Can that still be done without AppleCare?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I think the battery replacement can be done without applecare for $99. I got squaretrade insurance for 3 yrs because they include accident and liquid damage as well as the usual warranty. I have a 3 and 1 1/2 yr olds so accidents and liquids are a part of life.

OP
S

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder how much square trade is, and is it too late for me to get it?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone get AppleCare with their iPad? I haven't gotten it but probably will today. Just out of curiosity, I know that apple has that iPad replacement if battery goes dead policy for $99. Can that still be done without AppleCare?

yes, the battery is covered for 1 year under standard warranty, applecare bumps it to 2 years, the $99 battery replacement is for out of warranty units.

OP
S

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score

yes, the battery is covered for 1 year under standard warranty, applecare bumps it to 2 years, the $99 battery replacement is for out of warranty units.
Oh so lets say my battery dies out now with AppleCare, i wouldn't have to pay

jgorman13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just paid with american express, they extend the warranty an additional year for no cost. not sure if u need a certain level card tho, maybe having platinum helps

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Oh so lets say my battery dies out now with AppleCare, i wouldn't have to pay

Correct. If you don't have applecare you won't have to pay within 1 year...with applecare it's 2.

Most reactions