What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple wireless keyboard issue

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. Love the wireless keyboard with my new iPad 2 but a few of the keyboard's buttons don't work like the volume and brightness buttons. Not that big a deal but surprised they don't work since it's an Apple keyboard!

I have seen that for some it works and for others it doesn't. Any info on this? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The keyboard is designed for the iMac, so a few of the function keys do not have iPad equivalents; but, the volume, play control, and brightness buttons work fine with my iPad.

Is your's one of the newer aluminum ones or something older?

OP
gores95

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The keyboard is designed for the iMac, so a few of the function keys do not have iPad equivalents; but, the volume, play control, and brightness buttons work fine with my iPad.

Mine is a newer model just bought at the Apple Store last week. Yes it's aluminum.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Mine is a newer model just bought at the Apple Store last week. Yes it's aluminum.

If you haven't rebooted your iPad, try doing so. And if that doesn't work go to the Apple Store. As noted above, the volume, play control, and brightness buttons should work universally. In addition, some applications support the arrow keys, I believe.

P.S. It's a longshot, but be sure your keyboard is actually turned on. The little green light on the keyboard doesn't remain illuminated when the keyboard is on and I've sometimes found it's turned off when I try to use it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts