What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Unveils Fourth-Generation Full-Sized iPad

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zachariot said:
I get 17-18 hours usage when i use my ipad 2 for playing games movies music browsing internet. I cant use an ipad continuosly without breaks for 18 hours in a row lol. i put my screen brightness all the way down. i never put it up because its already really bright for me. i dont use notifications at all. All system sounds are off. no sounds. I use free mercury browser's dimmer function and turn down system brightness even more to ridiculous levels it lets me search longer than safari. I take off; multitasking gestures ; all push notifications mail stuff i check my mail manually once a day, and i take off pretty much everything i think drains battery lol, facetime off, and itunes app off too. i run through all system settings and turn off most stuff. Also i reset my network settings and connect only 1 wifi network to my ipad. Too much network data can drain battery. I only had my ipad 3 months but i had an ipod touch 5 years! Also i only charge my ipad 2 once it hits 20% or lower then i let it fill up completely.

Zachariot, all I can say is WOW! Thanks for the info. I may checkout a few of your tips. :)

Sent from my iP3/64gb using iPF

RebornProphet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thing I don't quite get is that there are people saying, "The 4th Gen finally gives me what I want, a Retina display".

The 3rd Gen "new iPad" had the exact same display!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a reasonable change that Apple may refresh again next March. Right now, these are the things I'm looking for: 128GB storage, lighter and thinner, longer battery life. Oh...and if they could figure a way to keep the lovely screen but reduce fingerprints, I would see that as huge. As I'm not really a game player (I have several, but I never seem to find time to play them these days), speed isn't going to be a big sell for me. We will see and I reserve the right to change my mind, but I might keep this iPad 3 for 2 years!

I hope Apple does refresh in March, especially if iPad becomes lighter, with more storage and battery life! The device is thin enough for me, but less weight would be welcome.

I keep all my devices indefinitely or give them away, and I don't need to have the latest models, but I'm always ready to buy if new features tempt me enough. It wouldn't bother me if manufacturers upgraded devices with more frequency, as long as mine aren't left stranded by firmware upgrades.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope Apple does refresh in March, especially if iPad becomes lighter, with more storage and battery life! The device is thin enough for me, but less weight would be welcome.

I keep all my devices indefinitely or give them away, and I don't need to have the latest models, but I'm always ready to buy if new features tempt me enough. It wouldn't bother me if manufacturers upgraded devices with more frequency, as long as mine aren't left stranded by firmware upgrades.

I do think it is possible to get it too thin, but a bit thinner and definitely lighter (weight is more important) would be perfect for me, providing battery life doesn't take a hit. I tend to gift my devices too, though I sold my iPad 2. I'm going to give my bother my Acer A500 and probably my Kindle Fire. He'll rom and root them within minutes of getting his hands on them...probably over clock them too. The Fire is said to be nice running Jelly Bean.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am still on iPad 2 and iPhone 4 tee hee!!!

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

Nothing wrong with the 2, I'm still using mine and it's going strong running all the apps that I can throw at it.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:

AdmiralAdama said:
Same here. My 2 works and looks brand new.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

We've almost got enough here for an iPad 2 Supporters Club!

The Archangel

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

I still got my 2 as well, holding out for the 5 in March theory. My 2's battery is starting to degrade. I get maybe 3-4 hours on full charge. I power use the heck out of it though and have since getting it in the mail for my 25th birthday last year in March.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
I still got my 2 as well, holding out for the 5 in March theory. My 2's battery is starting to degrade. I get maybe 3-4 hours on full charge. I power use the heck out of it though and have since getting it in the mail for my 25th birthday last year in March.

I really use mine hard, I got it on Black Friday 2011, the battery is as good as ever.

The Archangel

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm keeping my iPad 3 as well.

I have too many connectors for 3 iDevices to switch yet. Maybe if/when I get the iPhone 5S, I'll want to transition.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

Count me in. The one thing that the iPad 2 will always have is that it's the thinnest and lightest of the bunch. At some point ill get a newer version but for now.... The "two" is da "bomb". :)

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Count me in. The one thing that the iPad 2 will always have is that it's the thinnest and lightest of the bunch. At some point ill get a newer version but for now.... The "two" is da "bomb". :)

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

Me too. I use mine all the time, and the lesser demands on the battery is handy. I don't think a 3 or 4 would keep up half as well.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

I never sold my iPad 2 when I got my iPad 3, you can count me as a supporter.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts