What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV device

carney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all I hope I am Posting in the right section, I have the Ipad 2 and I don't seem to be able to mirror image from the Ipad to the Apple TV device which I have just purchased , I get audio but no picture, the options come up on the Ipad as : Ipad, Apple, Mirror Imaging, I chose Apple and turned on Mirror Imaging.
I just wonder could it be the settings on the TV, Ipad and Apple TV

All help will be appreciated

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On stock devices, you can only mirror instances that are supported by AirPlay. If what you're trying to mirror is not supported by AirPlay, your AppleTV will need to have XBMC installed, and your iPad will need a few tweaks from Cydia in order to allow "full" AirPlay compatibility all around. All in all, you'll need both devices jailbroken to take full advantage of mirroring in the true sense of mirroring.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To go along with what willerz2 posted - what app are you trying to mirror? Because yeah, some will only "mirror" sound. It is the developer of the app's decision to allow for AirPlay. So, if we know what app you are trying to mirror, perhaps someone can tell you if it does allow for AirPlay. In other words, it's probably not your set-up ... it's the app.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Most reactions

Latest posts