What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Tablet - iPad - iSlate - iTablet - $999 & June Launch

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shaw Wu with Kaufman Bros, an investment banking and advisory firm has a new note out for investors that provides a little more in sight on the Apple Tablet.

According to chain sources indicate the launch pattern for the tablet could follow that of the original iPhone in 2007, with a January unveiling and final product shipping to consumers six months later. He said that the June launch could be due to "minor issues" with more work needed on battery life and durability.

Wu also expects the device to cost around $999, citing a $100 incremental cost for a large touchscreen, according to sources in the supply chain. In addition, additional costs over the iPhone and iPod touch would come in the form of semiconductors, glass, sensors and substrates.

Kaufman Bros. has predicted the "iSlate," as Wu referred to it, to sell a million units per quarter. Supply chain sources indicated that Apple hopes to build 5 million units in the first year of production. The company has reiterated its price target of $253 for AAPL stock.

[Source: AppleInsider}

avidtech420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check it out! This is the leaked video of Apple's new iPad!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9uXxICUc9E]YouTube - Apple iPad Tablet LEAKED!![/ame]

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that video is a concept, it's from a french blog. Not the real thing. Though it would be cool if it were!

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know, it looks impressive, and most likely is amazing, but 1 mil per quarter? I guess possible if that's world wide numbers.

Most reactions

Latest posts