What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Stock Price

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-apple-stock-chart.jpg

Apple's stock hit a new high yesterday with anticipation of huge iPad sales. Are there any shareholders on the forum? What's your prediction for the stock? I'm holding, hoping for $300 a share by the end of the year :)

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to the last earnings report:

CUPERTINO, California—January 25, 2010—Apple® today announced financial results for its fiscal 2010 first quarter ended December 26, 2009. The Company posted revenue of $15.68 billion (US) and a net quarterly profit of $3.38 billion (US), or $3.67 (US) per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $11.88 billion (US) and net quarterly profit of $2.26 billion (US), or $2.50 (US) per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 40.9 percent, up from 37.9 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 58 percent of the quarter’s revenue.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't say

The report gives the totals but not the break down of consumer markets. I wonder how many iPads in the US will be purchased on credit vs. cash. I would believe that 90% of them will end up being financed. As long as Apple has exposure to foreign consumer markets they will be fine as they have demand for their products world wide. With the greatest economic crisis that this country has ever seen coming within the next few years the US consumer is done!!

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I had bought more stock in Apple. I really believe in the company and Steve. Profits should continue to be HUGE. Apple will very likely get a nice piece of the magazine, newspaper and ebook sales for the iPad for years to come.

I will be buying more stock very soon. Waiting for a sell off of Apple due to profit taking with the stock price recent surge. Best of luck to everyone.

:ipad-back:

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rudeman??

Remember when it was about 1996 and Apple was at $10.00 per share? Steve Jobs have been gone for a while and they were working on Copeland. Everyone thought that Apple was going to go under, they took out full page ads in all the major newspapers across the country to try to calm things down. When Steve Jobs came back he resurrected the company and has given it one of the greatest stock share price run ups in history. However at this time I would urge anyone purchasing stocks to stay away from companies that are over exposed to the US consumer which I believe Apple is. When the currency crisis hits, initially all stocks will be inflated up due to the dropping of the value of the US dollar which they are measured in, but at some point all investors will realize exactly how worthless their paper assets have become and there will be a big sell off to get out of the dollar. Not in the too distant future a jar or peanut butter and jelly with a loaf of bread will cost you $20.00!!

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Damnit, I thought the ride was going to end at 118... I should have held onto mine a little longer :)

Most reactions

Latest posts