What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Problems SOS

Tylerdurden2096

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just recently purchased an IPad, and it's awesome. I did run into a few snags, which I am still caught in, that someone with a little more tech knowledge might be able to help me out with.
It started when I plugged the Pad into my MacBook to get it going. I didn't have the most recent iTunes to support it so I downloaded it and then realized I need Mac Os X 10.5 or higher. I ran out the second I read this and bought Os 10.6, I got it home, unwrapped it and put it in. It won't fit...it needs 1 GB of RAM to operate which I don't have, I have 512mb. so I went out and got 10.5.2, it works on 512mb so I thought I was good to go. I was wrong, I popped it in and it only gives me and error saying it couldn't be installed. What could make this happen and what do I have to do to connect my IPad to my computer, I used my friends iTunes to get it up and running but want the full experience. Please help if you can.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I suppose you could upgrade the RAM in your MacBook. Though I'm kind of wondering, is it an Intel MacBook? If it is an older G4 model you are not going to be able to install 10.6 even with a RAM upgrade.

It might be time to consider upgrading your computer. Not that you wanted to hear that. There always comes a point where old computers just won't run new software.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree pity you bought osx 10.6 when it is not compatible. Unfortunately you really have no choice but to upgrade to a Mac book at the least or a Mac mini which may be less expensive. The point is it will be the latest os the new model will be much much faster and hard drive space will be bigger.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts