What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Posts First Black Friday Sale Details

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Black_Friday_2012.JPG

Apple has today sent out emails letting customers know a few short details about its forthcoming “Black Friday†sale, which takes place this Friday, November 23, the day after the Thanksgiving Day holiday in the US, which is said to be the busiest shopping day of the year in the US. It’s not just US customers that will benefit, as the sales will also take place worldwide, and those of us in countries other than the US have also received the email enticingly inviting us to what they refer to as “the one-day Apple shopping event.†As yet there are no more details about what products Apple will be offering in the sale, but the picture shows an iPad, so that’s one clue at least! There are three ways in which you can take advantage of the shopping event: online, at an Apple Retail Store, or via the Apple Store app on your iPhone. Happy shopping!(But don’t expect big savings, this is Apple after all!)

Source: Apple Black Friday sale 2012: Starts online at midnight | BGR, Apple

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With every other chain store offering deep discounts on a variety of things, probably won't have to stand in long lines at the Apple Stores. If Apple has anything worth driving 20 miles for, I can make that the last stop of the day.
Happy Holidays!

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
Apple has today sent out emails letting customers know a few short details about its forthcoming “Black Friday” sale, which takes place this Friday, November 23, the day after the Thanksgiving Day holiday in the US, which is said to be the busiest shopping day of the year in the US. It’s not just US customers that will benefit, as the sales will also take place worldwide, and those of us in countries other than the US have also received the email enticingly inviting us to what they refer to as “the one-day Apple shopping event.” As yet there are no more details about what products Apple will be offering in the sale, but the picture shows an iPad, so that’s one clue at least! There are three ways in which you can take advantage of the shopping event: online, at an Apple Retail Store, or via the Apple Store app on your iPhone. Happy shopping!(But don’t expect big savings, this is Apple after all!)

Source: Apple Black Friday sale 2012: Starts online at midnight | BGR, Apple

I have a iPod sitting in the Apple shopping cart if Apple's BF swings me a sweet deal! Not many Apple bargains on the other sites this year.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Best buy, for today only, is selling certain models of the iPad 3, at $50 off plus a $75 gift card, so this is a total of $125 off, if o e can live with these terms. I think this is online only, too.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Two Apple Stores in Edmonton to choose from. If I can get there in time I'll apply the saving from the iPad mini to my MBP. Win-win. I save money. Apple gets a sale a bit quicker.

Thanks for the heads-up, Maura.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Idownloadblogs has report of some Apple Store prices (from countries that are hours ahead of us in USA.

Some reports
IPad $498 save $41
IPad 2 $398 save &31
IPod touch 5 $298 save $31
IPod touch 4 $194 save $25
Nano $158
Smart case $44 save $15
" leather smart case $58 save $21
Apple earbuds $28 save $7

There may be more, but that's a taste.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Best buy, for today only, is selling certain models of the iPad 3, at $50 off plus a $75 gift card, so this is a total of $125 off, if o e can live with these terms. I think this is online only, too.

Not going to be much for Apple products. Just like high end cosmetics, they never go on sale in the department stores or on their websites lol, occasionally if certain brands are sold on third party sites. This isn't too bad for best buy but of course no discounts for 4 lol. ,aunt I will pick up a new case and some screen protectors - online of course. Don't do Black Friday (it automatically corrected to upper case on my iPad lol). Bought new pad online w o checking it out at the Apple store - too crowded and we are now in super tourist season in NYC LOL.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

I think it's Wal mart that's giving a $75 dollar gift card. Best Buy is doing a $50 dollar gift card, at least in my neck of the woods.

I doubt the website deals at apple.com will be that great. Apple doesn't do such things. :)

Most reactions