What's new

Apple password for routine updates

fogey0

iPF Novice
Joined
Jul 10, 2012
Messages
105
Reaction score
15
Location
Maryland
i have an iPad using 10.3.2. How can I get routine updates without having to enter a password every time? I tried everything I could find on google and nothing worked. And for my trouble I lost all my favorites, reading lists, etc. How can I get those back?
Thank you.
 
Are you talking about iOS updates? Entering your Apple ID password is a security measure so that others can't update your devices without your permission. As to your missing content, did you backup your iPad as recommended before doing the update? If you did, your missing content should be in the backup.
I've lost data after updates but restoring from the backup I made before updating restored that missing data.
If you have no backup and the missing content is not stored elsewhere, it is unfortunately gone permanently.
 
Last edited:
I did get the missing items back. The updates in question are routine like Amazon, word, etc. not iOS updates
 
These are not purchased apps. They are free, routine apps that will not update without entering a password every time.
 
Restrictions are off and require password for free downloads is unchecked.
 
These are not purchased apps. They are free, routine apps that will not update without entering a password every time.
Did you download/get them with the Apple ID you're using now, or with a different one?
 
The one I'm using. I haven't changed it. This just started recently when trying to update.
 
Are you updating the Apps from the App Store - tapping on Updates bottom right? And then tapping Update? Or are you using another method?
 
When an update shows up in red on the App Store icon I open it and click update or update all as appropriate.
Thanks.
 
Thanks for your help. I did that and a short time later had an update notice, tried to update the app which was a free one, and had to sign in to do it. I am about to just give up. As far as I know the settings are as they should be including the one that says I won't be asked for a password for free app downloads or updates.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom