What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Magic Trackpad

OP
B

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just a thought. I would personally like to use it while the iPad is connected to my tv for your normal video controls. Or I would use it while my iPad is in my swing arm mount on my desk.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am more confused now?
Why would you use another device to control the ipad on the TV and not use the iPad to control the iPad?
I really must not understand what you are thinking?

OP
B

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont have a VGA cable that will stretch to my couch while I am watching a movie on the big screen. For instance I used the iPad to show a movie on the 55" tv this weekend.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AAH!
Bach!

If you can connect to a standard ipod dock with ir then you can use the wireless remote and standard Composite or S or component cables.

Or get a longer VGA cable and just have one control device.

OP
B

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but that just wouldn't be as clean and cool!

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How would having 2 devices in control be cleaner?
Cool Yes,Clean No.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one ordered, plan to use it on my desktop pc at work. As stated, why would you want one for an iPad?? Someone oughtn't create an APP so you could use an iPad as a trackpad on other devices???

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are plenty of apps to use the iPad to control other devices,but they are all wireless!

Using one trackpad to control another via wire is just silly to me?

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't the iPad only output 480P through the VGA cable? Why would you watch something in 480P deliberately on a 55" monitor that is probably capable of 1080p? Connect a computer to your TV and have the iPad control that, so you aren't limited to watching non hi def content on an HD screen.

On a seperate note, hmmm, i WONDER if the iPad 2 will magically be allowed to play HD content through the VGA out. Ugh, Apple.

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I saw this released I thought to myself how long will it be before there is a app that will allow to use the ipad as a "magic track pad" for your Mac.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suprized there is not a iPod Touch remote app to control the iPad yet for when watching video.

Then again, I prob would just get an AppleTV when the rumored price drops happens. I hear a model for 99$ will surface shortly.......

apple3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have also been thinking about this because i use my ipad 2 a lot so i was also wondering if you could connect the magic trackpad to the ipad 2 without jailbreaking the ipad just because it would add a lot more precision for when i am using my ipad 2..so can
you please tell me if this is possible
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts