What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple keyboard - Tricks

Volition

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Got some questions? I've just gotten the Apple bluetooth keyboard to use with my iPad. There are a couple of things that annoy me and maybe someone has some solutions

1. When entering forms on the ipad the "Next" and "Prev" keys are on the screen, but I think for workflow their needs to be keys or shortcuts to do the same thing on the external keyboard.

2. Shortcuts for;
- Go to home screen (same as hitting the home button)
- Then cycle through screens
- choose an app and hit enter
- Something to cycle through open apps, like the multi finger swiping.

Does anyone know how to do some or all of this stuff with the external keyboard. Do you have other wishes? maybe we could send it off as a product request.

Vol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last year I learned that you can't choose an app with the external keyboard because iOS doesn't have support for a cursor. So, moving a "highlight" element on the screen isn't an option.

meberger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help using the function keys on the iPad. Do they exist without a key board?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I need help using the function keys on the iPad. Do they exist without a key board?

Not w/ the stock iPad 'on-screen' keyboard - for those w/ an Apple BT KB - checkout this LINK which likely repeats in part the previous one given back in June - also, these external keyboards may not behave in the same way so shortcuts may vary or be non-existent w/ some brands/models.

BTW - I do have an Apple BT KB that sees infrequent use, so I've not done much testing w/ these 'shortcuts', so will be interested in comments from others. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts