What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple iPad coming to Canada April 24th?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipadincanada.ca

A new report from iPadinCanda.ca suggest Apple could be launching the iPad WiFi model April 24th in Canada. According to the article, Apple has marked the weekend of the 24th a "black out period" for staff. Normally these black out dates are set when Apple is launching a new product and wants to make sure all staff is available and working. During this period no vacations are allowed.

Apple began accepting pre-orders for the iPad 3 weeks before the release date in the US. If you apply the same math to Canada, Canadians may be able to pre-order their iPad Friday April 2nd. We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya!

[Source: www.ipadincanada.ca]

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet of you iDan! :)

I wonder then when the CAN3G will appear, hopeful they come out at the same time the US version shows its pretty nose...

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use to live in Toronto, and I remember most of my friends driving down to the Apple store in Buffalo to pick up phones before they were available there. :)

I sure miss it up there except for the winters, to brutal for me!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I am hoping for is that they also said the 3G versions would be available on that date. If so, then those of us waiting on the 3G version should see them at least by then, and hopefully before then. Since Best Buy is reported to be getting a second shipment for the 10th/11th weekend, could it be that is when they will have the 3G? I doubt it, but I could always hope. I would think that the US customers would get the 3G models on either the 10th or 17th. The international demand should be high enough that it would not make sense to fulfil both that and the US 3G orders on the same weekend.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I am hoping for is that they also said the 3G versions would be available on that date. If so, then those of us waiting on the 3G version should see them at least by then, and hopefully before then. Since Best Buy is reported to be getting a second shipment for the 10th/11th weekend, could it be that is when they will have the 3G? I doubt it, but I could always hope. I would think that the US customers would get the 3G models on either the 10th or 17th. The international demand should be high enough that it would not make sense to fulfil both that and the US 3G orders on the same weekend.

For all our sakes I hope your logic is right. Getting on the 10th would be awesome. Any later and I think I'm gonna go nuts reading about all the fun the wifi people are having.

Most reactions

Latest posts