What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple iPad case FINALLY!

328iGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the case for 2 days and it went right back. Looks great when carrying the iPad....but ends there.

Why don't you let us know what you didn't like about the case and why you decided to return it?

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the case for 2 days and it went right back. Looks great when carrying the iPad....but ends there.

Why don't you let us know what you didn't like about the case and why you decided to return it?

1. The ipad is very awkward to use when inside of the case. The front flap has to be folded behind it to use, making it very bulky. it's like holding the ipad and a legal pad at the same time.

2. Dust and dirt. As someone stated above, this things collects dust like you wouldn't believe. I only it for maybe a day and I could tell this case was a dust magnet.

3. EXTREMELY difficult to remove out of the case. Even though I wouldn't use it inside the case, the case looks very nice for transporting the iPad. The problem is getting it out. I don't care how strong you are, it's a TASK to get it out of the case. I mean, it's a BIG hassle.

I've found that the best way to use the iPad is sans case. Even though i would prefer some kind of stand to prop it up when in use but the ability to hold the ipad like a note pad is where it shines.

328iGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

1. The ipad is very awkward to use when inside of the case. The front flap has to be folded behind it to use, making it very bulky. it's like holding the ipad and a legal pad at the same time.

2. Dust and dirt. As someone stated above, this things collects dust like you wouldn't believe. I only it for maybe a day and I could tell this case was a dust magnet.

3. EXTREMELY difficult to remove out of the case. Even though I wouldn't use it inside the case, the case looks very nice for transporting the iPad. The problem is getting it out. I don't care how strong you are, it's a TASK to get it out of the case. I mean, it's a BIG hassle.

I've found that the best way to use the iPad is sans case. Even though i would prefer some kind of stand to prop it up when in use but the ability to hold the ipad like a note pad is where it shines.

Ok well your statements would be the same if not worse for ANY case on the iPad, so it's not really relevant to this thread at all?

As for the dust/dirt, it can attract it for sure, but as others have stated, the material is easily wiped with a damp cloth and as good as new, nothing sticks permanently.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to use my iPad outside of a case. Much too slippery togrip.

Hopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I HATE the Apple iPad case. But I use it because I haven't found anything better...

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(thought I'd join in with this conversation as a noob)

I bought by Apple iPad case when I bought my iPad. That means I don't have any other iPad case to compare to - just case experence in general.

What do I like about it?

- I like that its not made of a faux leather and doesn't make me look like an old man - it is a very good looking case.
- I like the 'tilt' feature of the case. It places in a reasonably comfortable position to type in when placed on the lap.
- I like the feel of the material it is made out of. Kind of suede/alcantara.
- I like how snug the case is. If I wanted something to have it in and out all the time I'd have bought a bag, or a 10" net book type slip case.
- All ports and buttons are easy to access.
- I find the iPad is still comfortable to hold and use inside the case.

Things I don't like about it...
- The price. I think, for what it is, £30 (GBP) is a little on the steep side; but I hope it will show long term durability which will make the price easier to swallow.
- The material does show a few marks, but can be wiped down.

Overall: for what it is meant to do, it is almost perfect for a minimalist case to provide light protection and minimal bulk. It won't provide heavy duty protection, but it is not designed to, and any such case would undoubtably significantly add to the bulk of the device. It is hard to criticise the snug fit, but I could see it becoming an annoyance if you are a regular dock user.

Anfield800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ita

I've just received this case and I have to say I'm very impressed. The iPad fits securely and the case itself is very slim and discreet.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003USYHL2]iTALKonline SUPER SLIM Executive BLACK Wallet Case: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Darth Maniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Italkonline case as well - And its almost perfect until you realise the front flap doesnt fold all around the iPad when you are using it, meaning that I ended up taking it out of the case to use it.

Which kinda rendered it pointless and a waste of money :-(

Darth Maniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zoogue still adds too much bulk. The official case is the only one that seems to add virtually nothing to the bulk of the iPad.

Which makes it flaws even more annoying really..

Most reactions

Latest posts