What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Inc "PAGES". I need help Please

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does one add words to the built in dictionary? I have so many words, some formal and I want this app to recognize them. Please don't tell me it's not capable? I went to pages help and found no help

Also how do u select the entire document?

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you have auto-correction turned on, each time it suggests a word and you reject it by tapping on the suggestion, it adds the word you typed to the dictionary. You may have to do it a few times before it gives the new word priority though.

To select all text, tap-hold anywhere on the text. When the menu appears choose Select All.

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do you turn on auto correction? And thank you for the response. I cannot find auto correction anywhere

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have that part set properly. I need to gain access to the dictionary of PAGES. When I paste into pages items with science terms everything is underlined. I need to add these items so they don't reflect incorrect. I need to get into the PAGES dictionary

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of anyway to do it. Not the English dictionary, anyway. I gather from the manual you can edit the Japanese and Chinese dictionary.

It is probably possible with jailbreaking. You might ask under the iPad Hacking forum if no one chimes in here.

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well he'll even standard email and word allow u to add words. Very poor!

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad app "pages". Need help

I cannot believe that this stupid app doesn't allow you to add words to the dictionary. I work in clinical pharmaceuticals. Every word I type practically is not in this minimal dictionary. My documents look like one red line. Tell me there is a way to gain access to the dictionary

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's not the app. It's the system. The dictionary is system wide and the settings are the same. That's because the iPad really doesn't have room for every app to load and use it's own dictionary. At least Apple isn't going to add them individually to each of it's apps.

Full blown, mature, computer programs are always going to have more features than tablet apps. Both because of the space available and because most of them have been around long enough to go through several generations of feature upgrades.

That said, yes, Apple should add some dictionary editing abilities to the system dictionary.

Please Apple, if you are listening.

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes allow us to add our own. No dictionary is going to have 500 pharmaceutical drug names and neither does a pc or Mac. Shit I just want to add my own words. Has nothing to do with a tablet or pc. Just common sense. Write pad allows you to add words.......it is the app and it's poor. Apple another strike

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know how many drug companies and drug reps are using iPads. Shit load! Novartis trains there whole company on them.

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a dictionary app that can be used with pages that will allow edit or adding of words?

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Inc - "pages". Tell me it isn't so!

So your dictionary has no edit / add capability. So I am about to approve 200 iPads be purchased for pharma bio science training where pharma hired personnel will use the pages app but ever generic and brand drug name will be underlined in red because your pages dictionary can't EDIT OR ADD WORDS. PROPER NOUNS?

Are u kidding me? Is there an app dictionary that can be added to overuse the poorly designed pages dictionary? I as VP in this industry am shocked this feature was overlooked. Come on take on Microsoft and get at least a simple need corrected

Most reactions

Latest posts