What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Pages app

jesjosacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
nomadikk.deviantart.com
I finally decided on Pages for a word processing app, and it seems great, except for one problem... I'm writing papers in Spanish. I have my international keyboard for Spanish and English set in my settings, but it seems as though Pages doesn't use the iPad's dictionary? It highlights my entire document in red, and I have to fight with it while it tries autocorrecting my words into English words. This is when the keyboard is set to Spanish, I've made sure of it.
So I'm guessing there must be some sort of toggle somewhere to change languages for Pages? Does anyone know what I should do? Help, this is getting frustrating!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad is in the middle of updating Pages right now, so I couldn't poke around.

Here are two things you can try.

Go to Settings, General, International, and change the Language to Spanish. This affects the system language. Hopefully it will change the dictionary too.

If you want to get rid of the red lines of death you can go to Settings, General, Keyboard, and turn off the Check Spelling, and Auto-Correction. This may or may not be necessary if you switch languages. Don't know.

Hopefully you Spanish is better than mine, so that if the International settings aren't what you want you'll have no trouble navigating back through the settings to change them back.

OP
J

jesjosacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
nomadikk.deviantart.com
Okay, so I did go to Settings> General> International> and changed the system language to Spanish. This does work, but I'd prefer to have the system in English. I guess I'll just have to switch languages for now? To bad the system language didn't switch with the press of the international keyboards button. Anyone else have a recommendation?

martinsharpe2k6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found a solution?

Hey was looking for the same answer to your question on google and come across this, I know you posted this like a year ago and not sure if you have found a solution on your own but if you haven't then go into settings and click

General - international - and add a Spanish keyboard there and also change the region to Spanish, this way you keep the English language but when you go into pages on your keyboard will be a world click that and a Spanish keyboard will come up now you can type in Spanish and not have the red lines and have spell check on.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions