What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Inc make our life change from The old way of life to The Modern digital life.

PeterFrand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several years ago, we read a magazine or newspaper on our way to work when we were on the bus or in the subway . Now, we can see that more and more people take one ipad or iphone one their's way to work, we are reading news or play games withe the pad or phone . Many changes have taken place since Apple Inc make it, what about u?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I've spent the last 20-30 years with my paper Filofax glued to me. It really was my life organiser. I dumped it a few months ago when I purchased my first iPad. My iPad now fully organises my business and personal life, from notes to contacts to schedules to accounting and daily dairys.

I did start using it for quick note and meeting minutes when I'm taking briefs, but I still prefer my old fashioned note pad and felt tip pen for that I think :)

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've spent the last 20-30 years with my paper Filofax glued to me. It really was my life organiser. I dumped it a few months ago when I purchased my first iPad. My iPad now fully organises my business and personal life, from notes to contacts to schedules to accounting and daily dairys.

I did start using it for quick note and meeting minutes when I'm taking briefs, but I still prefer my old fashioned note pad and felt tip pen for that I think :)

Exactly what he said except I was a Day Timer person.
I haven't read a paper novel since I got the iPad (read half a dozen on the iPad) and I get the morning newspaper on the iPad as well.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started using an electronic organizer at least 15 years ago, later switched to a Palm Pilot. I was reading Gutenberg books online long before iPad, even before Kindle. I've read online newspapers for at least a decade. iPad is just another tool for me.

Lol, remembering: I got my first organizer in the form of a Casio watch that my Dad bought me about 30 years ago. He also got me a Walkman when they first came out.

Last edited:

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started using an electronic organizer at least 15 years ago, later switched to a Palm Pilot.

yep tried those as well had a couple of Pilots an original Palm Pilot and I think a mark 3 version plus several Windows CE based units. None of them really worked as a complete package the way the iPad does though and I always went back to a paper diary/organiser.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, I just looked in my electronic graveyard box and found my ancient Sharp electronic organizer. It had a whooping 32KB of storage. My Palm is in there, too. Both pristine. If I only had my Walkman.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently, in the UK, there was a program on TV on Steve Job's life and a rare interview with him in 1994. He was describing how he had realised that he could change the world because he was just as smart as everyone else - but no smarter. He suggested that everyone of us has that potential - if we want to change the world and the way the world works, then we can. There's nothing stopping us. It was fascinating seeing someone who had come from such a difficult background demonstrate such confidence and conviction. It would be good for all young people to see that interview. We all remember that he did not have a priviledged upbringing or rich parents - he succeeded simply by determination and belief that he could succeed.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently, in the UK, there was a program on TV on Steve Job's life and a rare interview with him in 1994. He was describing how he had realised that he could change the world because he was just as smart as everyone else - but no smarter. He suggested that everyone of us has that potential - if we want to change the world and the way the world works, then we can. There's nothing stopping us. It was fascinating seeing someone who had come from such a difficult background demonstrate such confidence and conviction. It would be good for all young people to see that interview. We all remember that he did not have a priviledged upbringing or rich parents - he succeeded simply by determination and belief that he could succeed.

Tim

I don't think Jobs was just as smart as everyone else, lol. But I totally agree that work and determination are important, no matter how you start out. Of course, there are those born with plain old luck.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I haven't read a paper novel since I got the iPad (read half a dozen on the iPad) and I get the morning newspaper on the iPad as well.

Must admit, dont read books much at all, but I do read a heck of a lot of magazines. Tons. But I'm waiting until they go digital. Most mags I read aren't. I'd love to subscribe to Zinio or NewsStand, but there aren't enough there yet :(

Most reactions