What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID Help?

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I download apps to review them and tend to often have to enter my password a lot. A LOT. Does anyone know how to disable the iTunes password for the app store?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no way. You always have to enter your password.

the good news is that "word on the street" says that the new iOS 6 (coming this fall, we think) will be changed so that you won't have to enter your password to do upgrades or to download previous purchases.

So, just hang in there a bit longer ... help is coming.

Marilyn

Sissy526

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a setting under Restrictions that allowed me to switch from not always requiring a password to requiring one for every download. If you are entering your password for every download, this option can be changed in Settings, General, Restrictions. If you are referring to periodically entering your password, then the above is your only hope. :)

Before, my password was good for downloading apps within a certain period of time and I don't know why but 15 minutes is what keeps popping into my head. Once that time period passed, I would have to reenter the passsword. I don't download much but now that my 2 year old grandson has his own screenful of apps and is indiscriminate in his tapping, I find it useful to always require the password since he might decide to tap the wrong thing while I'm in my 15-min(?) download window. I am not actually clear if this will prevent any and all downloads, but maybe he won't be buying anything!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts